Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sharing Some Photographs of My Life That Remind Me of the Changes that I have been Witnessing!

Today is a Sunday and it has been unusually cold in this part of the country from the morning. A cold and wet day devoid of the usual routines of office going and the like. As there was nothing to do, I thought of reading the Urantia Book. I began reading the foreword once again, the para that I had read many times earlier: 

"It is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth, in our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception, when we are restricted to the use of a circumscribed language of the realm. But our mandate admonishes us to make every effort to convey our meanings by using the word symbols of the English tongue. We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning.............Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection — the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God."

Yes, it is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth to my fellow men and women. Experience has made me realize that very clear now. I thought this world is very advanced and the people are capable of understanding higher knowledge and thoughts. But unfortunately it is not so. The divine revelators of the Urantia Book knew it well. My world is still in its cultural infancy, though there could be a few individuals here and there who are receptive to advanced truths!

I closed the book. I took the photo album and began glancing through the photographs. From a child of the nineteen fifties, I had progressed to become an old man reaching the sixties. Many of those who shared the space with me in those photographs no more exist in this world. Those who exist have changed their physical appearances. As the time passed, new faces are appearing and old faces are fading out.

Change is continuously taking place. And change is the only thing that has not changed.

Look at these pictures of me, my family and my activities. Changes are too visible and understandable:

Me and My Wife now (2014)

Me, the child of 1958

Me (extreme left) with my parents (extreme right) at mother's parental home(Seen in the photo is Late Mr J John, founder headmaster of MTUP School Nellikkala (Aikuzha School) and his son and its later HM Mr John John. Photo of 1969.

My wife Lizy with her maternal grandmother Mrs Rahelamma Chacko, w/o Late Rev. Chacko (Kumbukkattu Achen, Valakom, Kottarakkara) Photo of 1981


Me and my wife Lizy (Saramma John)  with her siblings, Moncy (Daniel John
and Princy at her home. Photo of 1982

My daughter, Shaleen. Photo of 1985

My daughter Shaleen with her great grandma, Mrs Annamma Mathai (d/o Kumplampoika Kulanjikombil Mathai, one of the founders of CMS High School Kumplampoika)

My wife Lizy, daughter Shaleen and son Dejo with my father, Mr T.M.Mathew, Retd Teacher, Mar Thoma High School Pathanamthitta , my mother Mrs.Chinnamma Mathew, Retd Teacher, Govt High School Elanthoor and my youngest brother Mr Joji C Mathew at our Elanthoor Home. Photo 1992

My grandmother Late Mrs Annamma Mathai Kulanjikombil (1898-1996) photo of 1988

My wife Lizy with her sister Dr Princy John and brother Er Daniel John  at Valakom home. 1994

Me and my son, Dejo Rajan Mathew Photo of 1998

My children sharing some happy moments 2001

Me lighting a ceremonial lamp.Photo 2008

Me addressing a professional gathering 2008

Sharing the dais with other dignitaries, 2008
News coverage of professional activities 2008

Wedding of my daughter Shaleen with Prem 14th April 2008

Shaleen and Prem lighting the wedding reception lamp 14th April 2008

Baptism Day of my grandchild Mannah Rachel at Parumala Church 2009

My wife with her brother and parents at Parumala Church 2009
My brother in law Moncy (Er Daniel John) and youngest brother Joji C Mathew at Parumala Church 2009

So life keeps going with continuous changes.

And those changes are inevitable experiences.

But what are those invisible changes that are taking place?

Any changes in the mind ?

Any changes in priorities of  life?

Do you ever thought of any link between my reading the book earlier today and sharing these photos later?

Try to find it out yourself if you have the time!

Read my blogs based on the knowledge I have gained by being a student of the Urantia Book.

You may also search for those using the key word search for other  blogs tool at the right hand column top.

1 comment:

  1. Sir pls give contact numbers and address I want to build this type of house my phone 9381581500

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Express your opinions publicly, but responsibly. Comment moderation is applied and inappropriate comments do not get published.