Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 12, 2012

My Body Is Getting Old, My Mind Is Not !

I am already a grandpa and would lead a retired life in another 2-3 years if at all I live long for such an event.

But the question is, am I getting old ?

I do not know how to answer that question.

If the definition is with respect to my body, then perhaps the answer could be in the affirmative.

But yet the real me is still that boy who existed half a century ago. When I introspect in honesty, I have not changed at all in mind.

I look at my colleagues and contemporaries to find out whether they have changed.

I find them all changed, not only in body, but also in mind !

Their bodies, I can understand, have grown old.

But what about their minds ? Their faces no more reflect the innocence of theirs when we were all in or around our teens. Some of them are big bosses, some are grandpas, some are retired. They all seem to prefer to hide their real selves by artificial gravity and maturity.

It is as if they have been told to be like that lest others may find them at odds.

My better half says that I am a serious person. Perhaps it is from my looks. She says I do not laugh.

But I know, I keep laughing or smiling always, though it might not reflect on my face often. My body perhaps does not work in unison with my mind.

Perhaps it could be the same situation with my contemporaries.

To tell you the truth, I was an adult even when I was a small boy. Perhaps I lacked certain worldly experiences and knowledge then, but my mind's outlook has not changed. It is still the same as it was then.

I used to wonder about all these.

But then, my book taught me more about the gift of personality.

The gift of personality from God.

And that is some thing that adds color to life !

And making life full of colors to enjoy perpetually and perhaps everlastingly !

When I get time, I try to comprehend the meanings of these statements from my book:

Personality is one of the unsolved mysteries of the universes.

We are able to form adequate concepts of the factors entering into the make-up of various orders and levels of personality, but we do not fully comprehend the real nature of the personality itself.

We clearly perceive the numerous factors which, when put together, constitute the vehicle for human personality, but we do not fully comprehend the nature and significance of such a finite personality.

Personality is potential in all creatures who possess a mind endowment ranging from the minimum of self-consciousness to the maximum of God-consciousness.

But mind endowment alone is not personality, neither is spirit nor physical energy. Personality is that quality and value in cosmic reality which is exclusively bestowed by God the Father upon these living systems of the associated and co-ordinated energies of matter, mind, and spirit.

Neither is personality a progressive achievement.

Personality may be material or spiritual, but there either is personality or there is no personality.

Did you get it ?

And that means I have a unique personality gifted by God and it is not changing. That could be the reason that I feel the same then and now !

[Interested in knowing more about my book ? Click Here ! Interested in reading the part of the book from where I quoted the few lines in italics above ? Click Here ! Interested in viewing the list of all my blogs ? Click Here ! ]




2 comments:

Your comments are welcome. Express your opinions publicly, but responsibly. Comment moderation is applied and inappropriate comments do not get published.