But one or two of the 1.2 billion would become its PM now and then.
So this is purely an imagination.
While watching the present and past PMs at times such thoughts forcefully come into the minds of some citizens of this country.
I am no exception. Such thoughts do come to my mind as well.
I would like to share some of my present thoughts on how I would behave, had I been the PM of this country.
- I would do all I can to see that I push and pass such laws that make it impossible for immature, characterless and incompetent persons get a chance to be the PM after me.
- I would push and promote economic policies that would promote unemployment levels in the country to come to naught and the average incomes at the lowest levels to reach sufficiently high for the people to lead a decent life as a dignified citizen. I would encourage and honour all business entities who help the nation in this aspect.
- I would push and promote such laws and rules that honour the rights and privileges of each and every citizen of the country, honestly. I would ensure that the ministers discharge their responsibilities earnestly and are accountable for their actions.
- I would reduce bureaucratic controls on business to the lowest and push a law that prevents the states to pass laws that are detrimental to business growth.
- I would facilitate the rules that would make the distribution of national income between the centre and the states in accordance with an acceptable economic formula.
- I would give utmost priority to enhance infrastructure and other facilities to all government offices and establishments including the courts.
- I would ensure that the defence spending of the country is limited to a percentage of the GDP not exceeding that of the first 5 most populous countries of the world. I would also ensure that imports on defence technology , production and procurements is a minimum and on a declining trend.
- I would ensure that the laws regarding land are revised to enable all round progress in a reasonable time frame. Together with this rural and urban land ceiling would be implemented universally on a pan India basis adopting logical standards. I would also promote modernization of countries land records with modern technology which would eliminate litigations and enable smooth transactions. I would also make such laws that empower the government to take control of all excess and unutilized land and promulgate a development oriented land use policy.
There are much more.
I am sure many of you from this country would also have such thoughts on how your PM or government should function or how your PM should prioritize his / her actions.
Would you like to share some ?
At least that might help a PM in the making !
[More Blogs Here ! and Here ! ]