When we talk about good record keeping, there are a number of critical government functions which any one should be concerned with. These are:
- Land Records Management (Cadastral Systems)
- School Record Management
- Population and Demographic Records Management
- Marriage, Birth and Death Record Management
- Vehicles Registration and Record Management
- Citizenship Records Management (Unique ID, Voter ID, Passport)
There are many such records which are both important to the citizens and the governments. Then all types of records and documents created by the legislatures, courts, public institutions, public organizations, etc are required to be preserved (archived) in such a way that they are available for reference and reproduced authentically for all genuine purposes.
In other words, the right to information law is toothless and ineffective without the public records law is properly enforced!